Miss Oakland County Pageant Memories
Oxford resident Kelly Oles rises to the top among a crowded field of 15 candidates.
The Miss Oakland County pageant is history, but we've got memories from an unforgettable night of entertainment and suspense for 15 local women and their families.
Kelly Oles was crowned Miss Oakland County 2011 at the Costick Center in Farmington Hills. The 23-year-old Oxford resident, who sang "I Could Have Danced All Night" from the Broadway hit My Fair Lady during the talent competition, told Farmington-Farmington Hills Patch that she got into the Miss American preliminary looking for a way to contribute to her community on a larger scale.
The other contestants were:
- Brenna O'Malley of Sterling Heights, 2nd runner-up
- Melissa Keith of Walled Lake
- Cristine Zuchora of Hazel Park
- Kayla Pingel of Farmington
- Danica Katnik of Howell
- Shelby Gardiner of St. Clair Shores
- Rebecca Fisher of Shelby Twp.
- Elana Bandalene of Sylvan Lake
- Richele Ehardt of Milford
- Elizabeth Wendel of Birmingham, 1st runner-up
- Danielle Jackson of Bloomfield Hills
- Sydney Learman of Lynwood, 3rd runner-up
- Angela McAuley of Macomb, 4th runner-up
- Mollie Smith of Milford
We've captured dozens of moments from the three-hour event. Feel free to share your own photos and video with our readers.