Apparently Yoga is just downright good medicine.
If it’s good stress reliever for humans, and dogs -- with Doga hitting Shelby Township centers -- why not for children.
Beginning April 15, The Yoga Studio of Shelby Township, will be offering a four-week workshop every Sunday from 2:24 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. for children ages 5-12.
The studio says yoga can be a magical, meaningful and mindful practice for children and will help them develop a sense of their five selves: physical, emotional, cognitive, social and creative.
“Our mission is to be a child’s first yoga teacher in a fun, age appropriate way,” the studio says in a flyer about the workshop. “ Our goal is for the child to continue practicing yoga into their adult life.”
According to The Yoga Studio of Shelby Township, the following are the greatest benefits of Kids Namaste Yoga:
- Non-competitive form of physical activity
- Improves focus, concentration and calmness
- Enhances strength, balance, flexibility and coordination
- Increases self-esteem and body awareness
- Decreases stress and anxiety
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves the digestive system and strengthens sleep
Classes are $12 for drop-ins and $40 for the four-week workshop.
For more information, visit www.theyogastudioofshelby.com.