Poll: Has Shelby Township Resolved 2012 Priorities List?
A public meeting is set for tonight to establish the 2013 Top 10 Priorities for Shelby Township.
Shelby Township is inviting the public to join in a Community Visioning Exercise Tuesday evening to set the township top 10 priorities for 2013.
The special meeting will be held from 7 to 8 p.m. at Cherry Creek Golf Course and Banquet Center, located at 52000 Cherry Creek Dr., south of 24, east of Van Dyke.
Several Board members conduct the meeting and ask the community to give suggestions. Last year, the participants were asked to vote at the meeting on the most important they think the township is facing.
Supervisor Rick Stathakis has said the community input, in conjunction with the Board's perspective, has helped the township formalize a guide for spending.
In 2012, the township's list of priorities were:
- Address police and fire pensions
- Resolve court building issues
- Redevelop the former Visteon/Ford location
- Improve local roads
- Share services with other communities
- Reduce operational costs
- Address library building needs
- Implement economic development initiatives
- Explore Soccer City options
- Expand existing technology and increasing technology training
Do you have suggestions for the 2013 priorities list? If so, write it in the comments below.