Snow Day in Shelby-Utica! Show Us How You're Spending the School Day Off
If you're headed out, drive safe on those icy roads. If you're staying close to home, share photos from your snow day activities!
Snow Day. For anyone from age 4 through 18, these two words are spoken with whispered reverence before they are subsequently shouted from the snow-covered rooftops.
With just about every Shelby Township and Utica school closed Monday, several thousand children and teens will find themselves left to their own devices to keep busy.
If you are headed out, or staying in, keep Patch posted on your snow day activities. Use the Add button below the photo to share your pictures or videos.
- Show Us Your Snow: Snow angels, snowmen, epic snow ball fights and forts, world-record setting icicles and crazy snowdrifts … to name a few.
- Share a Recipe: Peppermint Hot Chocolate (stir a candy cane into your hot cocoa), South of the Border Tomato Soup (add shredded cheese, sour cream and hot sauce to your favorite brand of canned tomato soup)
- Stay Safe: When shoveling, take frequent breaks and lift with the legs!
- Snuggle Flicks: What are your favorite movies to watch on a snow day? "Mary Poppins" always makes snow days supercalifragilisticexpialidocious on this end.
- Roads to Avoid: What roads are severely lacking in salt? What are the skating conditions like on major roads?
You can post your pics here by clicking the "Upload Photos & Video" button above.
For those of you who aren't big fans of the white stuff, the National Weather Service is predicting temperatures will hit the mid 40s today and it will rain on and off, meaning the snow won't last. However, areas of fog will, so drive safe!
Happy Snow Day!