Invite a friend
80th Annual Michigan Peach Festival
The Michigan Peach Festival of Romeo is back, now in its 80th year, running daily through Labor Day, with all the fun a festival can offer. We're talking beauty queens, art and craft fairs, good foods, carnival rides every day, beer and refreshments, live music, and Vegas games ... and much more!
It's hard to pick a highlight, but today from 7-11 p.m. the Peach Queen Reception will be held at the historic Gray's Opera House/Masonic Temple at 231 N. Main St.
Guests will be able to meet Peach Queens past and present, enjoy desserts, appetizers, wine and peach refreshments crafted by area businesses. There will be live music and entertainment as well.
Advance tickets are $20. Call the Romeo Parks and Recreation office at 586-752-6543 to buy your ticket. Proceeds benefit local charities.
Today's events include:
FRIDAY, SEPT. 2
- 10 a.m.-6 p.m.: Mike & Ruth’s Hilltop Farm, with homemade peach pies and other goodies, in front of Citizens Bank
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m.: St. Paul's Peachy Craft Fair, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 11100 St. Clair, across from Romeo High School
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m.: St. Paul's Sausage Shack, featuring fresh Rinaldi sausage, peach dobbler, cold drinks and more; St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 11100 St. Clair, Romeo
- 11 a.m.-11 p.m.: Pamela's Catering Food Tent, with rib dinners, specialty sandwiches, deep-fried peach pies, and deep-fried peach cheesecake; 221½ N. Baily, next to Up Town
- 11 a.m.-8 p.m.: 46th Annual Baby & Pet Photo Contest, Kiwanis of Romeo, 135 Main; for voting information, call 586-336-0800
- 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.: RWB Peach Jam Skateboard Clinic & Competition, Romeo Community Center Skate Park; call 810-459-9595 for details
- Noon-11 p.m.: Mid America Shows Carnival Rides
- Noon-8 p.m.: Peachy Keen Art Scene, Starkweather Arts Center, Main Street
- 4-8 p.m.: St. Clement K of C #7018 Pasta Dinner, St. Clement Church- 343 S. Main; 586-752-3381
- 6-10 p.m.: River of God Café, River of God Community Church, 230 E. St. Clair
- 7-11 p.m.: Peach Queen Reception
- 6 p.m.-1 a.m.: Beers Around the World
- 6 p.m.-1 a.m.: Refreshment Tent, with live music; $2 donation after 7 p.m., Lions Community Field
- 6:30-11 p.m.: Lions Las Vegas Games, sponsored by the Armada Lions Club, Romeo Lion’s Clubhouse (Lions Field)