The Macomb Foundation present the 2013 ATHENA Award on Friday at The Palazzo Grande in Shelby Township.
Fourteen individuals have been nominated for their efforts to "actively assist women in realizing their full leadership potential," according to a release.
The nominees for the award this year are:
- Sari Abromovich, Harbor Oaks Hospital, in New Baltimore
- Jolyne Baarck, Family Youth Interventions
- Janet Dunn, Macomb Township Supervisor
- Bernadette M. Gendernalik, D.O., McLaren Macomb
- Penelopi Khorraminia, Zoom Café
- Andrea LaFontaine, State Representative, District 32
- Marilyn Lane, State Representative, District 31
- Sherry Lawfield, Hantz Bank
- Candice Miller, U.S. House of Representatives
- Jennifer Morgan, Martha T. Berry Medical Care Facility
- Rhonda M. Powell, Michigan Office of Services to the Aging
- Judith P. Pritchett, Ph.D., Macomb Intermediate School District
- Laila Shehadeh, D.O., Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals
- Jan Wilson, Michigan Association of Community Mental Health Boards
The 2013 honoree will be selected by a committee of past honorees including Barbara Rossmann of Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals (2010), Jamie Spriet of Health Alliance Plan (2011) and Mari Kay Scott of General Motors (2012).
Tickets are $75, which include a fashion show, luncheon, vendor displays, raffles and prizes. Tickets can be purchased at www.macombcountychamber.com.
This will be the 14th ATHENA Award presented in Macomb County by the Macomb Foundation.