Each Saturday we will feature some of Patch's most interesting Local Voices writers, show you who is posting on Patch and how you can get started.
Lawrence Lilliston created a Religion and Modern Life blog that explores how religion can deepen insight into modern life (culture, behavior, happiness, unhappiness, e.g.)
She has posted on interesting topics such as Baseball As A Road To God, Poetry and God and Gratitude and Happiness.
She wrote, "One of the major benefits of religion can be in coping with life stressors. When we are suffering with pain - physical or psychological - our reliance on God as an emotional support can help us weather the storm."
Who else is posting on Patch?
- Sola Life & Fitness's Blog shared Troy Resident Loses 106 Pounds.
- Beaumont Health System posted Destination Medicine Times Five.
- Heather Blasko shared a picture of Glass Pumpkins in Birmingham's Open Photo Blog.
- Chris Taylor asked Do You Care About The Shut Down???
Here’s how you can get started right away:
- Click the "Start Blogging" button on your Patch homepage.
- Start writing the description of your blog It doesn’t have to be perfect. (Just don’t use all caps!)
- Upload a photo to illustrate your blog that you own or have permission to use. You can also just use a Patch logo offered on the page.
- Hit “Create your blog”
- Write your first post
- Share something and it will appear on the home page.
- Dress up your blog.
- Add cover photos.
- Tell your followers on Twitter
- Find your blog in the "Your Blogs" menu next to your Profile
Questions? Contact Patch Community Editor Jason Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-488-1353.