Top of the morning to ya'! As we prepare for another scorching hot day, here is some news you can use.
- Shelby Township has set up a cooling center for residents, in particular senior citiens who are without air conditioning. Free bottled water, games and a TV will be avaialable at the Clubhouse. The cooling centers will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. today, Thursday and Friday. “It’s very important to check on your elderly neihghbors duing these next few very hot days,” said Shelby Township Supervisor Rick Stathakis.
- The Shelby Township Board of Trustees has cleared the way for Kuka Robotics to make an empty 80,000 square foot building in the township the home of its new North American headquarters.
- The Shelby Township library, which is also a Shelby Township cooling spot, will be holding free Wednesday programs for tweens and teens grades five and up.
- Calling all crafy ladies: The 21st Annual Old Mill Arts & Crafts Festival will be held at Grant Park in Utica. The festival will run from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday.
- Check out deals around town in this week's Frugal Family.