More than 45 percent of Americans make a resolution every year, according to statisticbrain.com. Some people vow to live a healthier lifestyle, others promise to spend more time with family, and many say they will try to save money.
As millions of Americans make resolutions to improve their lives, what could we do right here in Shelby Township and Utica to make it an even better place to live?
In the spring, Shelby Township officials hosted a public hearing in which they asked residents what they were most concerned with living in the township.
Some of the main concerns were:
- Underfunded Police and Fire Pension Fund
- 41A District Court building and a new recreation facility
- Blight conditions that exist along Auburn Road
- Road conditions
- Rezoning of 24 Mile and Schoenherr roads from residential to commercial property
- The lenght of Board of Trustees Meetings
What is on your Shelby wish list? What is one thing you would improve in 2013?
Tell us in the comment section below or blog about why you love living here!