The Big Game. The culmination of all things football. Venues in Utica and Shelby Township are pulling out all the sporty stops to lure in football fans this Super Bowl season. But where to go? Where to wear your cheese head or twirl your Terrible Towel? We at Patch have done all your planning for you.
Although it may be the newbie on the party scene, Cass Bar is ready and open for footballin' fun. "We've got 21 plus 40-inch HDTVs, a kick-butt sound system and we are ready for a very huge crowd," says manager John McFarlen, who plans on cheering for the Packers.
With a $5 menu of game-time faves, $2 drink, beer and shot specials and a pub atmosphere suitable for perfect viewing, McFarlen feels his place is ready for whatever rumbles their way.
Day girl Margie O'Brady at (no relation) is not only ready to cheer on Green Bay but ready for the crowds to crunch in on Sunday. "We've got wall-to-wall HDTVs and a couple of really big screens. We're a sports bar: there's no bad seat in our house," she said. On their docket: a free buffet dinner at halftime, $2 drink and beer specials and some giveaways.
Over at Shelby Pub & Grill (formerly The Gathering Place), day girl Debbie Bigelow is preparing to bleed black and yellow for her Steelers. "We've got THE place and THE party (with) 35-cent wings, $5 60-ounce pitchers, buckets of five bottles for $10, shot specials and a complimentary sub sandwich spread at halftime. Oh, did I mention the raffle for a 42-inch HDTV and prizes after every quarter? Where else do you need to go?"
Here are some other places to watch the Super Bowl.
- : Flat-screen TV raffle for charity, NFL jersey raffle, $10 buckets, $2 shot specials, special tailgate menu and a hot wing eating contest.
- : $2.50 Miller Lite pints, 1/2 off appetizers and PS3 and prize giveaways after every quarter.
- : Free buffet, $1 off beer and wine and booth packages available for $20.
- : $3.75 Valentine vodka cocktails, $2.50 Michelob Light Bottles and $1 Miller High Life pints.
- : Complimentary buffet at halftime, $3 32-oz beers and $2.75 Long Islands, beer of the month and drink of the month.
- : Complimentary munchies, $2.75 PBR and $1.25 pints.
- : $100 poker tournament and $3 well cocktails.
- : steak and shrimp for $10.99.
- : Prize raffles.