It’s the day after Thanksgiving, possibly even midnight. You find yourself in the vicinity of Hall Road and some shopping center. You are hungry, thirsty, tired, or all of the above.
We've been there.
Here are some of our picks of where to go to get grub at any hour.
What are your favorite Hall Road shopping pit stops? Tell us in comments!
24 hour/Late Night Coffee buzz
- Biggby: Good news! The Biggby in Utica and Macomb will open at 9 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 22 and stay open for 25 hours to refuel power shoppers jets. The coffee shops won't close the doors until Friday, Nov. 23 at 10 p.m.
- McDonald’s: The drive thru is open 24 hours, even on Thanksgiving.
- Starbucks: The Hall Road Shelby Township location will open at midnight Nov. 22 and stay open until Midnight Nov. 23. The Partridge Creek location will open at 5 a.m. Nov. 23.
- Achatz: You can get in and out quickly, and there's pie!
- Salsaritas: Fast, fresh and inexpensive we like this Mexican spot for a quick and easy lunch.
- Pei Wei: Right outside Lakeside Mall, Pei Wei is an inexpensive and fast a hybrid of the sit-down/fast food experience.
- Shogun: We like Shogun for a break spot, both for the food and the distraction from what we've just spent and what we still have to do.
- Abuelos: Tucked just outside the Lakeside circule, the tortillas and salsa alone make a trip to this Mexican restaurant worthwhile.
- Cheeseburger in Paradise: The name says it all. This joint serves up good old American comfort food with an "island" twist. We recommend the sweet potato fries.
Off the Beaten Path
To get a break from the Hall Road crowds, try these off the beaten the path spots.
- El Charro: This Mexican spot in Macomb Township is an Macomb County favorite.
- Shield’s Pizza: The quick trip up Romeo Plank is worth it for one of the most heralded pizzas in town.
- Shamrock Irish Pub: The buzz is about the burgers at Shamrock in Utica.
You made it. Time to celebrate your deals, or drown your spending sorrows. Either way, try these watering holes.
- Hatchy’s: If you're in need of a good beer, chicken wings, a TV and a seat to take a load off, Hatchy's has it all.
- Dooley’s: The luck of the Irish may be what you need to find the perfect gifts on Black Friday. Patch thinks you may be able to find it at Dooley's while drinking a beer on tap.
- Hamlin Pub: There are two Hamlin Pubs in Shelby Township. If you go for dinner and stay for a drink, you may be able to catch some live entertainment Friday evening.