With flu season in full swing, Macomb County has launched October Health outreach to ensure our seniors are covered.
The Macomb County Board of Commissioners and the county’s Senior Citizen Service Department will offer free health screenings, medication disposal and discounted flu vaccinations throughout the month of October.
Although the events are sponsored by Senior Services, all ages are welcome.
Seasonal flu vaccinations will be offered for $15 or the fees may be billed to Medicare or Medicaid programs, free blood pressure and cholesterol testing and other health screenings.
The centers will also be accepting outdated non-narcotic medication for proper disposal. Bring the drugs in a nondescript
container with no identifying information (such as a plastic bag.)
Senior Outreach Dates and locations:
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday, Oct. 3: , 51670 Van Dyke, Shelby Township; Sponsored by Commissioner Jim Carabelli
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 4: Clinton Township Senior Center, 40730 Romeo Plank, Clinton Twp; Sponsored by Commissioner Bob Smith
- 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 7:
Chesterfield Township Senior Center, 47275 Sugarbush, Chesterfield; Sponsored by Commissioner Kathy D. Vosburg
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 12: Eastpointe
Manor Banquet Center, 24611 Gratiot, Eastpointe; Sponsored by Commissioner Phil DiMaria
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 18: Fraser Senior Center, 34935 Hidden Pine Drive, Fraser; Sponsored by Commissioner Kathy Tocco
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 19: Warren Community Center, 5460 Arden, Warren; Sponsored by Commissioner Toni Moceri.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 25: Roseville Recreation & Senior Center, 18185 Sycamore, Roseville; Sponsored by Commissioner Kathy Tocco
Representatives from Senior Citizen Services and other agencies will
also have information available about programs such as SMART, Veterans Services, MCCSA, Senior Citizen Services department and more.
For more information about the program, contact Senior Services at
(586) 469-6313 or log onto www.macombcountymi.gov/seniorservices.