Whether it's to thank them for a job well done or apologize for your child's behavior, teachers should be high on everyone's holiday shopping list.
Here are some fun, unique and practical gifts that will help show your child's teacher how much you appreciate them and the job they do.
Making a homemade gift from the heart is always a special way to show someone you care, so this year, get the kids involved with original holiday recipe books written out by your children. Or how about homemade hot chocolate packets and let the kids decorate the packages? Helpful tip: include two spoons to share.
Or for the ambitious and talented parents, try knitting a scarf, mittens or hat. A truly thoughtful gift that is sure to come in handy during the cold months ahead.
Are you a picture taker? Try making a collage photo calendar filled with pictures of kids from the class. The teacher will appreciate the memories and the students will enjoy seeing each other featured the rest of the year. Head over to CVS or Walgreens to try creating your calendar.
Simple, easy and always appreciated: Find out what your teacher’s favorite restaurant is for a fun night out. Or how about their favorite coffee shop? Add in a package of their favorite coffee and watch the teacher’s eyes perk up.
For larger gift card gifts, ask other classroom parents to contribute and look for:
- For female teachers, find a holiday spa package that your teacher would be able to pamper herself with over the holiday break.
- For male teachers, how about a gift card to Lowe’s or Home Depot to catch up on those home improvement projects over the holidays?
Who doesn’t love chocolate? Try giving these yummy treats in fun containers with homemade cards from students.
- Want to give a fun yet practical gift that teachers will appreciate through the cold season? Try a bulk size container of hand sanitizer displayed in a cute holder. According to one local teacher, it was her “coolest” present that year.
- Locally, you may want to try giving Dipsy Bowls. They are one-of-a-kind dipping bowls that can be found at Target in Shelby Township.
- Christmas ornaments are always a nice way to add memories to your favorite teacher's Christmas tree.
Find a local charity or just one that is close to your heart and donate in your teacher’s name. A great way to help during the holidays, show your children the importance of giving during the season and share a gift that keeps on giving.
Have a great teacher’s gift that is always a hit and want to add to our list? Share your ideas here.