Shelby Junior High School will remain closed Friday after an early morning gas leak forced the evacuation and closure of the school.
The closure was a precautionary measure, after a gas leak was discovered on Van Dyke Avenue, just north of 23 Mile Road around 6 a.m.
Van Dyke Avenue between 23 Mile and 24 Mile Roads was closed in both directions for over an hour while the leak was repaired. It has since been reopened.
Consumers Energy was able to identify the leak and shut it off around 7:30 a.m.
The Shelby Township police said nobody was sickened during the leak.
Stay with Patch.com for more information as it becomes available.