A partnership between Macomb County Clerk / Register of Deeds Carmella Sabaugh and Secretary of State Ruth Johnson allows citizens the opportunity to one-stop shop. The clerk’s office will be in the Secretary of State’s Central Macomb branch office location at 50640 Schoenherr, just East of 23 Mile Road, in Shelby Township on Wednesday, Nov. 6th from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sabaugh is also partnering with Macomb County’s MSU Extension office. A MSHDA certified housing counselor, will be available to answer foreclosure questions and provide the required paperwork to begin the foreclosure counseling process with MSU Extension. Additionally, Macomb County residents behind in property taxes can received assistance in applying for the Step Forward Michigan program, stepforwardmichigan.org.
Along with the foreclosure information available through MSU Extension, the clerk’s office staff will be available for Macomb County birth and death certificates, business registrations, marriage licenses, circuit court records, voter registration, concealed pistol license applications and veteran ID cards and the register of deeds staff will be available for Macomb County property records. These services can also be a great one-stop shop for residents who need one of these documents to conduct business at the secretary of state’s office.
Sabaugh’s complete mobile office schedule, including the other Secretary of State branch offices she will be visiting this year, is available at: macombgov.org/clerksoffice/mobileoffice.htm and her fees are listed below.
For more information on the Secretary of State’s branch offices and services, visit her website (Michigan.gov/sos) and sign up for the official Secretary of State Twitter feed (twitter.com/Michsos) and Facebook updates (facebook.com/Michigansos).
Customers also may call the Department of State Information Center to speak to a customer-service representative at (888) SOS-MICH (767-6424).
The clerk’s office only has access to Macomb County records.
Regular fees are:
- Birth, death, marriage or business record, certified copy: $15 for first copy, $5 each additional copies of same record
- Business registration: $10 for filing, includes two certified copies
- Marriage license application: $20 Michigan residents, $30 out-of-state
- Concealed pistol license application fee: $105 for application, $15 additional for E-photo
- Real estate recordings: $14 first page, $3 each additional
- Real estate documents, certified copies: Minimum of $6, add 50 cents per year if search includes more than 10 year search and add $1 per page of record
- Circuit court documents: $1 per page (regular copies), $10 plus $1 per page (certified copies)
- Notary public applications: $10
- Veteran photo ID card: $10
For additional information on services or to see upcoming mobile office locations visit the Clerk’s web site at macombgov.org/clerksoffice.