Shelby Township has sent out a survey to residents asking for their input on the 2013 priorities.
Residents signed up to recieve alerts from the township on Nixle were emailed a link to the survey.
If you didn't receive the email alert, you can still participate in the survey here.
Last Tuesday, the Shelby Township Board of Trustees invited the public to Cherry Creek Golf Club to participate in a Community Visioning Exercise.
Supervisor Rick Stathakis has said the community input, in conjunction with the Board's perspective, has helped the township formalize a guide for spending.
In 2012, the township's list of priorities were:
- Address police and fire pensions
- Resolve court building issues
- Redevelop the former Visteon/Ford location
- Improve local roads
- Share services with other communities
- Reduce operational costs
- Address library building needs
- Implement economic development initiatives
- Explore Soccer City options
- Expand existing technology and increasing technology training
Do you have suggestions for the 2013 priorities list? If so, write it in the comments below and participate in the survey above.