Starting the preschool search for your 2- or 3-year-old? The Clinton-Macomb Public Library main branch will host its annual Preschool Fair Saturday, Jan. 26, to introduce parents many of the programs available locally.
Featuring 22 preschool providers, the fair will run from 10 a.m. to noon in the main library auditorium, located at Romeo Plank and Canal in Clinton Township. The event is free and open to the public.
The schools that are scheduled to attend include:
- Trinity Lutheran Preschool
- St. Mary Catholic School
- St. John Lutheran Preschool
- Tutor time
- Great Parents – Macomb
- Early On
- Oakland Steiner
- I Can! Education Center
- Parkway Christian
- St. Peter’s Lutheran Preschool
- TLC Early Childhood Center
- Goddard School
- St. Luke Lutheran Preschool
- Little Preschoolers
- Mount Clemens Montessori
- Little Preschoolers Preschool
- L’Anse Creuse Early Childhood
- Little Learners @ Fraser Public Schools
- Northbrook Academy
- Immanuel Lutheran Preschool
- Macomb Learning Center
- Peace Lutheran Preschool
During the fair, guests will have an opportunity to meet with school representatives and pick up additional information on each program.
While parents should plan to tour the schools they're interested in, L’Anse Creuse Early Childhood Center Director Sharon Grala told Patch in a previous interview that mom or dad should also be asking these key questions:
- What programs do you offer?
- What sort of education and experience do the teachers have?
- What is the student-teacher ratio?
- What curriculum do you follow?
Grala also recommends checking the school's policy on potty training. While some programs will help train a child, others require the child be able to tell a teacher their needs independently.
Not able to make the fair? Find local programs based on specific requirements such as age, hours, or special needs using the Great Start childcare database.