Start your engines, classic car lovers, this weekend is the 10th annual Clinton Township Gratiot Cruise.
Cruise Day is Sunday, Aug. 5, with Cruise Car Show registration starting at 8 a.m. at the 16 Mile and Gratiot headquarters.
The cruise itself starts at noon, when the parade and first lap of cars are scheduled to leave headquarters.
Businesses up and down Gratiot will open their doors to cruise-goers and there will be plenty of opportunities throughout the day to listen to live music, enjoy food and drinks and show the kids just why we're called The Motor City.
Schedule - Sunday, Aug. 5
- 8 a.m. – Cruise Car Show Registration begins at McLaren Cruise HQ (16 Mile & Gratiot southeast corner)
- 10 a.m. – Kid Zone opens at McLaren Cruise HQ
- 10 a.m. – Live music starts at Cruise Headquarters. Bands will play at HQ until 6 p.m., and along the Gratiot corridor all day.
- 10:45 a.m. – Opening Ceremony at McLaren Cruise HQ, which features a welcome with Clinton Township Supervisor Bob Canon, Emma Guzman singing the National Anthem, Jordan Obrecht singing God Bless the USA, and a prayer/cruise blessing
- 11 a.m. – Dorian Ford Midway Opens in the 15 Mile and Gratiot Star Theater parking lot. The midway will feature vendors, service organizations, entertainment, kid activities, and a helmet fitting for the first 500 kids. The midway closes at 6 p.m.
- 11:15 a.m. – Pedal Parade at McLaren Cruise HQ
- Noon – VIP Parade/Cruise first lap leaving from McLaren Cruise HQ
- 3 p.m. – Cruise Car Show Awards/Passport Prizes at McLaren Cruise HQ
The route or loop is on Gratiot Avenue from 14 Mile Road north of Metropolitan Parkway to Wellington Crescent and back. Signs will be posted along the route to help direct cruisers.
Public Car Show
Held at McLaren Macomb Cruise Headquarters at 16 Mile and Gratiot.
- $20 on cruise day
- $15 pre-registered, print the registration form off the cruise website and mail it in, or contact Tracey Moro at 586-212-1673
- Car Show parking opens at 8 a.m. cruise day and closes at 6 p.m.
Starts at noon with the Grand Marshals, Clinton Township Fire Department, Clinton Township Police and neighboring officers leading the way. Members of the Cruise Car Show are welcome to follow along and the public can join in at the end.
The parade will start from just south of Cruise Headquarters, loop around and come back to Cruise headquarters.
The honor of Grand Marshall goes to three families this year, in thanks for their longtime support of the event. Members of the Dorian family, the Moran family and the Boothman/LaDuke family will all serve as grand marshals.
Pedal Car Cruise
Bring your pedal cars to Cruise Headquarters. The Pedal Car Cruise is part of the Kids Zone at McLaren Cruise Headquarters and because it begins the parade events, pedal car owners should plan to be at Cruise Headquarters early, approximately 10:30 a.m.