The small city of Utica, which has just under 5,000 residents, is hoping to double it's population size in visitors this weekend during the first annual Riverwalk Festival.
The city, along with the help of local business owners, has orchestrated a massive four day festival July 5-8, that will include family-fun events such as a carnival, fireworks show on Friday and Saturday nights, a plastic piggy race, classic car cruise and live music.
But with the swell in visitors comes street closures and designated parking lots.
Before you head out, check out street closure times and find out where to park.
Road closure from 6p.m. Friday to 2:00 a.m. Sunday
- Auburn Road from Van Dyke to City Hall.
- Cass Ave from M-59 to Summers
- Brownell from just south of Summers to Auburn Road
- Behind the
- (M-59 and Van Dyke)
- The north end parking lot at Eppler Jr. High
- on Utica Road and auxiliary lot on east side of Utica Road
- MNP on Utica Road
- Grant Park