To speak in golf lingo, Utica High School's girls golf team has onced again aced it.
"We had an outstanding season," said coach Anthony Adamo. "I'm proud of the team's accomplishments. The girls represented Utica high school with great sportsmanship."
The Utica High School Girls Golf Team finished 3rd in the Division 1 state finals at Forest Akers Golf Course in E. Lansing.
The Chieftains were led by three of the most talented golfers in the state of Michigan - Taylor Clark, Julia Montgomery, and Killian Casson.
Team accomplishments this year were:
- Team champions at the Lapeer West Invitational
- MAC RED Team Champions
- MAC Red Tournament Champions
- Macomb County Champions for the 4th straight season winning this year by over 60 strokes
- Regional Champions for the 1st time in school history
- Macomb County team of the year
- Clark has earned Macomb County MVP 18 hole scoring average 73.4 with two rounds this season under par.
Casson was named MVP of the Mac red with a 9 hole scoring average of 36.0
Montgomery had an 18 hole scoring average of 76.8. She will attend Oakland University on a golf scholarship next season.
Sam Merandi and Courtney Clark were also an integral part of the Utica girls golf season success.
In addition to Athletics the Lady Chieftains also excelled in the classroom. The Chieftains earned team academic all-state honors with a 3.8 combined GPA.