- Michele Arquette from the Clinton River Watershed Council will be speaking on the importance of rain gardens and barrels and how to use them in our yards at the Burgess- Shadbush Nature Center (4101 River Bends Park, Shelby Township) on Thursday, Oct. 10 at 1 p.m.
- A family-friendly, educational atmosphere provides an opportunity to visit Shelby Township’s Fire Department headquarters (6345 23 Mile Rd., Shelby Township) on Saturday, Oct. 12, at 10 a.m. Check out the bounce house and the educational trailer, visit with Sparky the dog, take a tour of the station and more.
- The Utica City Council (7550 Auburn Rd., Utica) meets on Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 7:30 p.m. Visit the city's website (PDF) for a look at the agenda.
- The Big Brains Bookfair at Barnes and Noble (14165 Hall Rd., Shelby Township) on Saturday at 11 a.m. will feature live entertainment for children, energetic readings from local children’s authors, educational presentations, along with free giveaways for teachers, parents, and students.
- The Sterling Heights Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry hosts Kurt Metzger of Data Driven Detroit and Steve Tobocman of Global Detroit at the Albert Lorenzo Cultural Center (44575 Garfield Rd., Clinton Township) for a "diversity breakfast" on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something