Stony Creek Metropark
Stony Creek Metropark extends across Oakland and Macomb counties with more than 4,000 acres of scenic landscape.
The six-mile trail around the 500-acre Stony Creek Lake is a favorite location for bicyclists, runners and rollerbladers.
There are also large hills for winter sports such as tobogganing and sledding.
The park features picnic tables, a nature center, mountain bike trails, a disc-golf course, an 18-hole golf course, baseball diamonds, playgrounds, soccer fields and volleyball and tennis courts.
Annual vehicle passes cost $25 and $15 for seniors. Boat passes are also available.
- Fax: 586-781-0853
- Hours: Office: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm; May 1 - October 31: 6am - 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1964
- What makes this community special?: The park is used by many residents for recreational sports and activities.
- Parking: Paid lot
- When's the best time of day to visit this beach?: All day during the spring and summer
- Public/Private: Public
- Type: Lake
- Number of lifeguards: 2
- Common activities: Cycling, Fishing, Kayaking/canoeing, Motor boating, Picnicking, Sailing
- Facilities: Boat access, Food/drink, Lockers, Restrooms, Showers
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No outside food, No pets, No smoking
- Cars allowed: Yes
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: There is a beautiful lake, bike trails and six-mile trail.
- Features: Beach, Benches, Boat dock, Camping, Grills, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Food/drink, Lockers, Ranger, Restrooms, Showers
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 4,461 acres