Doug Wozniak has lived in Shelby Township for 21 years and is a practicing attorney. He serves on the Shelby Township Board of Trustees and is vying for re-election. He's also on the Shelby Planning Commission. Previously, he served on the Shelby Township Construction Board, Board of Canvassers, Downtown Development Authority, Macomb County Economic Committee, Macomb County Board of Canvassers, and as a Shelby Township Precinct Delegate.
He’s involved with the Shelby Macomb Daybreakers, Shelby/Utica Lion’s Club, Shelby Optimists, Knights of Columbus, Shelby Area Business Association, and Circle of Serving Seniors.
Wozniak has been married to wife, Pam, for 29 years. They have a daughter, Lauren. He’s a fan of the Detroit Tigers and the University of Michigan Wolverines.
1. What led you to try for the post of trustee initially? A belief that common sense needed to be in place to make good decisions at the township level.
2. Why have you decided to run for re-election? During the last four years the current board has made improvement in the way government is run. The job is not finished.
3. What do you enjoy about this post? I enjoy seeing results from the direction the board has taken for the benefit of the residents of the township.
4. If elected, what township issues would you like to focus on? Balancing the budget, creating more senior programs, encourage development, maintain and improve roads, continue township service levels.
5. What personal and professional accomplishments are you most proud of? I am most proud of my daughter Lauren, a 2005 IKE grad, 2009 U of M grad and acceptance into U of M Medical School this year. Professionally, I am proud of being able to maintain a solo practice as an attorney.
6. Is there one person who has been the most influential in your life? Who? My wife of 29 years, Pamela.
7. What are key ways you would have residents make a difference locally? All residents should be given the opportunity to participate in government.
8. What do you like most about the Shelby Township community? Shelby is a great growing community. I like being part of the business of helping it grow.
9. Do you have a favorite spot in Shelby? Vince and Joe's market.